- Demo of Google’s Android platform [video] – Seems cool, but becomes infinitely cooler at the end of the video when they demo Street View for Google Maps. Worth a watch just for that alone.
- Laser-etched skateboards – Laser etching must be all the rage these days. First Moleskins and laptop lids and now skateboards. You’ve got to admit that there’s some stunning work here. I’d never do a single grind or rail slide on something this beautiful.
- Trek Soho S – I’ve never been much into bikes, but I’ve been looking towards alternative commuting solutions lately (to solve my $10+ per day problem) and came across this bike. Blacked-out, single-speed fixie. Sad that I could buy it new for less than two months’ worth of gas commuting to work. And Jonas could ride in a sidecar with aviator goggles and a scarf. Sweet.
- Ira Glass on Storytelling (#3) [video] – In this short clip, the host of This American Life touches on how makers/creatives cultivate taste and trudge through the wasteland of years leading up to truly creative work. I’ve never heard someone articulate this so perfectly. Hopefully I’ll get there soon.
- Mapping the Human ‘Diseasome’ – Nice example of (mildly) interactive infographics presenting a vast amount of data. Interesting topic too. Helps the medically-dumb get a wider view of some of these genetic similarities.
Brian | Filed under: 5 Things I Love for Friday | Comments Off