- Afterthoughts by Sougwen – I bought this print because, well, it’s beautiful. And it will go nicely with some of the other mildly-Japanese-influenced artwork I have in our livingroom. But really, the entire inPRINT site is worth checking out for great artwork at ridiculously affordable prices.
- Tim Burton’s Alice In Wonderland preview images – Tim Burton, Lewis Carroll & Johnny Depp–a match made in bizarro heaven. I’m so stoked for this movie. And after seeing a hint of the aesthetic direction in these preview images I’m even more giddy.
- Smashing Pumpkins art direction – Here’s an interview with Frank Olinsky, the long-time art director of the album artwork for the Smashing Pumpkins. Cool to see original sketches and hear about the conversations he had with Billy Corgan. I always really liked the Box Set.
- Stackable Tiffin lunch tins – I’m a proud member of the Brownbag Lunch portion of the population. But instead of these awesome stackable tins, I rock leftover yogurt containers and chili-stained Tupperware. These would make my lunchtimes so much more fashionable and exotic. That is, if you can make tuna fish or veggie burgers exotic.
- How I’ll always remember Michael Jackson [video] – As the world mourns and argues about the man himself, I can’t deny what influence he had on me growing up. From listening to the Thriller album on headphones on repeat pre-Kindergarten, to his other-worldly dance moves and showmanship, to whateverthehell Captain EO was and his involvement with Disney World (I remember lots of lazers)…whenever I think of the ’80s and my childhood, this guy will always be at the forefront of that memory.
Brian | Filed under: 5 Things I Love for Friday | Comments Off