- Visualizing wireless networks in physical space – Charting signal strength of wireless networks out in the real world in a beautiful way. [via]
- “I Don’t Wanna Care Right Now” by Lupe Fiasco – After years of waiting and struggling with his record label, Lupe dropped the Lasers this well. While the album hold well, I can’t get this track in particular off repeat. Clearly the dance track on the disc, it still doesn’t take away from the manifesto of the album.
- Geckoboard – Looks like someone took the Panic status board idea and built a business around it. Good stuff. Extra points to Panic for their design, though.
- Shepard tones – Neat “sonic barber pole” effect ‘creates the auditory illusion of a tone that continually ascends or descends in pitch, yet which ultimately seems to get no higher or lower.’ Time to make this a ringtone.
- “Skateistan: To Live and Skate Kabul” short film – Skateistan is a revolutionary skate park in Afghanistan that empowers young girls and gives the youth purpose in war-torn Kabul. What might seem silly and trivial at first slowly reveals basic truths about human, emotional survival.
Brian | Filed under: 5 Things I Love for Friday | Comments Off